I am currently mid process in painting all my wooden furniture white with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. The reason why i have stopped is that the Pure white i am using is showing the wooden knots underneath no matter how many coats i put on it. I will be buying the Old white very soon to go over the top, there won't be much difference but it will make the furniture look a little more rustic and shabby chic, and won't show the knots! The pure white is better to use if you have a light peice of furniture to start of with, with no variation in colour.
The Annie Sloan chalk paint is really good because you don't have to prime or file the wood before you start and it goes on really well. You have the option to have it a smooth finish or with texture. The down side to Annie Sloan paint is it is a little bit on the expensive side. A taster pot can be bought for £5.95 for a 100ml and a litre pot for £18.95. They come in all sorts of colours and is a really good quality paint!
Here is a collage of my furniture, this is the first blog post on my room, the next will be about my photos in my room! So enjoy !
Btw I painted my
•bookshelf
•bed side cabinet
•mirror frame
• and I will be doing my wardrobe soon!
I also changed the nobs to match my room for added detail!



Wow!!! Everything looks really nice! I love those glass jars!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Alice so do I!
Delete